Family Support and Advocacy
Are you experiencing difficulties in your role of caring for a person with impaired decision-making capacity?
Family support and advocacy is available to support you in your role as a family carer and assist to resolve issues prior to, or within, the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT).
Understanding advocacy and legal services available, in relation to guardianship, is made a little easier with these five 60 seconds animated videos:
- Carers Queensland
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)
- The Public Trustee
- Office of the Public Guardian
- Queensland Aged and Disability Advocacy (QADA)
For more information, please contact:
- Simon Brown – 3900 8126; email@example.com
- Annette Wolski – 3900 8140; firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help?
The types of ways we can assist you are:
- Confidentially support you with any matters that require you, or a person you care for, to attend the QCAT. If necessary we can formalise the relationship to act as your agent
- Help you review documents and files to assist you in responding to a matter before the QCAT
- Provide assistance on safeguarding and managing your information and validating your role as a carer
- Assist and support you in any negotiations or discussion with the Office of the Public Guardian or the Office of the Public Trustee
- Assist and support you if engaged in disputes or other issues with service providers and where the threat of an intervention by the Office of the Public Guardian or QCAT has been made
Our role is to be on your side and do what we can to safeguard your role as carer. We will always seek your informed consent and written permission before any work is undertaken.
Advocacy brochure – Carers Queensland’s Family Support and Advocacy program brochure
Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) aims to provide accessible, cost effective and informal tribunal services for a wide range of matters affecting the community. Want to know more?