Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
If you are from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, the CALD Program can support you and the person you care for. The program also supports clients who may live alone, without a carer. The CALD Program can provide basic assistance that may assist you to continue living at home and access appropriate community care services.
Our staff are trained to understand your particular needs if you are from a different culture. We can provide advice, support and information if English is not your preferred language.
To learn more about this service in another language click here.
How we can assist you
We can help you to get the right services for your needs through:
- Identifying if you are eligible for a Carers Queensland program
- Helping you and your family decide which services you require
- Helping you and your family contact and receive all the culturally appropriate services you need
- Talking to individuals and other service providers to make sure you are getting the services you need
At a community level we can provide education and training through:
- Developing referral and assessment processes and service delivery
- Providing information to service providers on cultural norms and expectations. We can also provide resources to service providers, such as General Practitioners
If you are interested in finding out more about this program, please call the Carer Advisory Service on 1800 242 636. (Free call from local phones, mobile calls at mobile rates).
The Cultural and Linguistic Diversity brochure contains a program overview and how we assist clients, their families, service providers and community groups. It also outlines eligibility requirements CALD Brochure
You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader for free.