NDIS…Full Scheme Ahead
Full Scheme Ahead is the name Carers Queensland has given to its involvement in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants readiness project.
“I’m not afraid of the unknown anymore. I now have good literature that will help me through the future” (2015)
“Thank you for providing the workshop. Emma and Kirsti were both knowledgeable and very patient” (2015)
“I have been to a number of NDIS workshops of late and this, by far, has been the best information/presentation/clarification” (2015)
We are receiving some amazing feedback from both carers and service providers who have attended our NDIS Full Scheme Ahead workshops. Our workshops aim to better prepare Queenslanders for the roll out of the NDIS. People attending are leaving optimistic and excited about the possibilities of NDIS.
Carers Queensland is one of ten organisations chosen by the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services (DCCSDS) to deliver participant readiness activities to support Queenslanders with disability, their families and carers to make the most of the opportunities the NDIS will bring.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people caring for someone with a disability
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Disability Network of Queensland (ATSIDNQ) is a network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a disability. It was established to raise awareness of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a disability, their families and carers. The Network also provides a voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Join ATSIDNQ to receive newsletter and be involved in having your say about the NDIS and how it may affect you.
Things to help you get NDIS ready
- VISIT ndis.gov.au
- FOLLOW NDIS on Twitter (@NDIS) twitter.com/NDIS
- LIKE facebook.com/NDISAUS
- SUBSCRIBE to the Queensland NDIS ebulletin
- READ about Carers in the NDIS
- DOWNLOAD the flyer Preparing for the NDIS in Queensland
- CHECK OUT the calendar of NDIS workshops in your area
How Carers Queensland can help you
- REGISTER for our Full Scheme Ahead workshop – for carers or for service providers
- PHONE the Carers Advisory Service on 1800 242 636*
- VISIT our Frequently Asked Questions
- MEET our NDIS team
- PHONE NDIS on 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday: 1800 800 110*
For people with hearing or speech loss: TTY 1800 555 677*
Speak and listen: 1800 555 727*
For people who need help with English: TIS 131 450*
- EMAIL email@example.com
- CONTACT the NDIA in Queensland directly at QldEngagement@ndis.gov.au
*1800 calls from fixed lines are free. Calls from mobiles may be charged.