Young Carer Representative – apply NOW!
16 January 2015
We’re looking for a new young carer representative.
Is it you?
Are you a young carer willing to represent ideas, opinions and inspirations of Queensland young carers on a national level?
Want to connect with other young carers from around Australia and take action on issues and topics that are important to you?
We are looking for a Young Carer Representative to apply for this an exciting opportunity to be a voice for change and meet with the media, politicians and even royalty!!!*
- In March 2015, will you be aged between 18-23 years old?
- Do you live in Queensland?
- Are you passionate about your caring role and young carers in general?
- Can you commit to a minimum of 3 days a year away from home (with respite via CRCC, if required)
If you answered yes to these questions, then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Send us a 3 minute video of yourself outlining your story and why you would make a great Young Carer Representative.
We want to know all about you:
- How old are you?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What do you do to relax/unwind?
- Who do you care for and support?
- How does caring impact on you?
- What message would you want the government to know if you had the chance to talk to the Prime Minister or Premier or the media?
All entries become the property of Carers Queensland and may be used to promote young carers statewide.
The successful candidate will need to get a blue and yellow card (this is free, and we will organise it). This card authorises you to work with children and the elderly.
(*No promises on who you will meet, but trust us this role will look awesome on your CV)